Hanko harbor's oldest surviving crane was put into use in July 1911. During the First World War, the crane was blown up, but in the 1920s it was restored to working condition. Hanko satama Oy overhauled the crane in 2020.
The oldest surviving crane in the port of Hanko was commissioned in July 1911. Ransomes & Rapier Ltd in London supplied the parts and the engineering firm Zitting & co from Helsinki assembled it. The crane was electrically operated and could turn 360 degrees. When the First World War broke out in August 1914, the Russians blew up the port of Hanko, to prevent a possible German landing, and the crane was destroyed. After the war, the parts of the crane were collected and in 1921 new parts were ordered from Ransomes & Rapier to replace the parts that could not be used. in 1922, the crane was put back into use. The crane stood on the south side of the dock. After the Second World War, it was moved to the other side of the harbor basin to Nuottasaari pier, from where it was moved to Korkeasaari pier in 1999. The crane was overhauled in 2020 by Hanko satama Oy.